- Interview with a Poet – Belinda Rule, On the Meanjin blog, 14 May 2014
- Spineless Wonders Amanda Lohrey Selects series: Interview with Belinda Rule, author of ‘The Road North From Toodleton’, February 2014
On ‘Statement of claims on behalf of my father’ in Sleepers Almanac 8, eds. Zoe Dattner and Louise Swinn, Sleepers Publishing, 2013:
stands out for its use of form… a sweet summary of a father/daughter relationship and family history in the vein of Jennifer Egan’s prize-winning A Visit From the Goon Squad.
– Readings bookshop’s Annie Condon on 21 February 2013. http://www.readings.com.au/review/the-sleepers-almanac-no-8-edited-by-louise-swinn-zoe-dattner.
remarkable experimentation with form and style… 25% list, 17% heartbreak, 2% Ryan O’Neill, 30% part formatted table, 11% disassociation and 100% sharp, incisive observation.
Do the maths. I didn’t.
– The Sleepers Almanac 8 launch speech by Sam Twyford-Moore, on March 7, 2013. http://sleeperspublishing.com/2013/the-sleepers-almanac-no-8/
experiments with form… poignant and funny
– Australian Book Review‘s Amy Ballieu in April 2013. https://www.australianbookreview.com.au/abr-online/current-issue/98-april-2013-no-350/1435-zoe-dattner-and-louise-swinn-eds-the-sleepers-almanac-no-8.
On ‘The note from God’ in Best Australian Poems 2012, ed. John Tranter, Black Inc, 2012:
God writes the protagonist a note and leaves it on the kitchen table… delightfully absurd
– Lip Magazine‘s Bronwyn Lovell on 17 December 2012. http://lipmag.com/arts/lip-verse-best-australian-poems-2012/.